RSS Feed

Monday, December 21, 2009

discovery # 6893


thinking that i would make the morning oatmeal a little different for her, i added some homemade caramel sauce. I tasted it first, OH MY GOODNESS !!! It's a winner. So add that to your list of things to try in life. I just wish that she could really experience it. That's what my life has come to, food, care-taking and blogging (ok , most anything on the computer).
This is what I made for Christmas this year. Homemade caramel sauce and brownies. It's a tight year. I love homemade gifts. Unlike the commercial that puts them down, I think they are heartfelt and wonderful. I just hope that those who I send them to this year will feel the same. Of course I won't send brownies in the mail, but the sauce is coming.
It's 3 in the afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas. Today was changing all her bedding and getting her into the wheelchair, it wasn't as smooth as it was last time. And, there was the impromptu hair cut for her. I can't imagine being in bed all the time. There are things that you just don't think about. The back of your head for example. Your feet, another discovery of what can happen when the only thing that they see is each side of the sheets. What is up with that???? I discover things each day. Each lesson. Each day. Who would have thought I would be here. A few years ago, this would have been the furthest thing I could have made up. The funny thing is, I feel like to "old" version of me, the one where I felt like I could conquer the world. I may not be the most stable person in the world, but my heart is in the right place. I love my children, I couldn't be more proud of them. Now, it's my turn to make them proud of me. Because of a bad marriage, I let my guard down and trusted my ex who said that he would take care of me. He didn't. I haven't had a "real" job for so many years, I hope that I can re-enter the working world and prove to them, again that I have value. I have skills. This will be in the next six months or so, so keep your prayers and fingers crossed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment