RSS Feed

Monday, December 7, 2009

red tinsel and BBQ chicken

i have red tinsel for decoration all over the living room. It was my pleasure to have the kids over for dinner on Sunday, and they brought the newest member, Tempi (the pup). We had BBQ chicken that turned out great and the visit was even better. JorDAn was fascinated with the red shiny tinsel, she would take it with both of her her tiny hands and run it through her hair and over her face and just smile, and babble something profound. Tempi would take JorDAn's lead and bite the tinsel and we would try and make sure that she didn't eat it. As Nic and Katie and I would alternate playing a game, we took turn being in charge of the baby and pup. After all had gone, I served Cleo her feast of chicken and red potatoes letting her know that I knew that she liked it. She chewed a million times and I hope really really liked it.
The next morning I got a call that indeed someone was NOT paying enough attention last night and when Tempi came back from her morning constitutional she had a bit of red shiny tinsel lingering out of her bottom. So, with this being said, Katie had to relieve her from the entire piece by pulling the rest of it out. YUCK. Oh the price of puppy parenthood. What does this have to do with mom?? Nothing really, just wish that she could have really been here to enjoy this day. Not just been here. But perhaps, just for a moment, she could hear her great grand daughter's laugh, and smiled. For this, I am not, bitter, party of one, I am grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment