RSS Feed

Sunday, December 20, 2009

just a quick note today

it was JorDAn's birthday yesterday. She is so wonderful. I just can't stand it. I'm proud of my Nic and Katie for bringing her into this world. They are, and will be fabulous parents.
My sister and I talk via "chat" on gmail, we don't see eye to eye on how we were raised, however we DO know that we will always be there for one another. That in it's self is something to write about.
I have found out that the "Simply Sleep" brand in the stores is a bit more potent than regular P.M. type stuff. Mom was extra sleepy this morning. I know now to give her the tablets earlier in the evening. I took it my self the night before I gave it to her just to see how it would effect me. I was groggy (feeling the effects) for about 24 hours. Now keep in mind the strongest thing I take is Dr. Pepper and when needed, Excedrine. So, what that means is it may not be as strong for you. The thing is, it helps her sleep all night. And this, helps me.
We had pancakes and eggs this morning. She ate the whole thing and pretty quickly. I was impressed. I know that she cannot really taste anymore, it's more of a temperature and texture thing, but I thought I would make eggnog waffles and something a bit special for Christmas dinner. OH, and I found out that I can maneuver her in the wheel chair and bring her out in the living room, for a change of pace. Back to Christmas, I am hoping like crazy that she will be able to understand the Christmas story in the book of Luke. I want to read it to her on that day. There is still something there, I know it. I can see it. She does respond sometimes. I hope this season she will be able to listen one more time of the story of Jesus' birth. The greatest event ever recorded, read and lived.
So in this season of holidays we exchange gifts of meaning and no meaning at all, I pray that just for one more Christmas she can hear me read the scriptures and understand for a moment. That it will give her pleasure and solace.
For JorDAn, her second Christmas, her first birthday, she has brought more light into this world and the world is better for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment