RSS Feed

Saturday, December 12, 2009

she said "thank you"


words that i thought that i would never hear from my mother to me. They haven't been heard until now. I have Subway to thank, I think. I tried a meatball sub for her. I always have the veggie, I knew she couldn't eat that. The point being, she seemed to LOVE the meatballs. She ate it all!!! Of course I had to cut it up for her, however she ate it all. That was last night. So, the other half was for tonight. I made some devil's food cake in cute leaf muffin pan thingy. She was eating and smiled and said "thank you". SO what did I do... thanked her for thanking me. It was moment, I still don't know if it was me that she was thanking, but i'll take it. Please don't get me wrong, those words were not absent from her vocabulary, she was great at thanking everyone but family.

She even said a sentence that was about 5 words in a row. Then my thoughts were back to her. What IF she COULD understand what she is going through ! How utterly awful to know. Know that she comes in and out of hell. Now that she is in the stage that she is in, she can't move her legs very well, hasn't walked in over two years. Can't say more than a few words before the babble comes into play. Is there something there that can't come out? My job right now is to make sure that she is a comfy as possible. I try to keep her dry and fed, clean her teeth, wash her hair, and keep her bowels moving. What if she was hungry and can't tell me. I try to give her breakfast at the same time. The only way I know when to stop feeding is when she does the closed mouth thing. This, however is sometimes followed by a big gapeing mouth an hour later when I go to give her a drink. I'm playing it by ear. I have done this on the piano with simple songs, yes, but this is a symphony and I dearly hope that she can recognize the melody I'm playing for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment