RSS Feed

Sunday, November 29, 2009

apple pie for dinner

it was after Thanksgiving and it's what we had, both of us. My test was the sundowner thing, however last evening she changed the rules again and ate with no problem. I'm sure there wasn't any recollection of WHAT she was eating, i think now it's only temperature and texture. OR perhaps she was glad to get it, but wished it were home made. She make the best apple pies on the planet, and most baking stuff too. She would make new things to try out and we would vote of the recipe would ever come back to the table. Although she wouldn't teach me how to cook, she would scoot me out of the kitchen, she did inspire me to BE a good cook. I know that I took it a step further and "dressed" the table as well. My children have taken it further and can eat something at their favorite restaurant or bistro and recreate it at home.
I bought one of those memory foam mattress's so she wouldn't get the pressure things as fast and it seems to work. Perhaps it is her size at the moment, she is not heavy anymore. One of the things I have control of right now is her comfort, or as best as I can provide it. This seems to be good right now.

so here's to apple pie and memory foam, other wise i could say, bitter, party of one.

sometimes the underdog really does win. for that I am grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment