RSS Feed

Friday, November 20, 2009

distant day today

she slept in, at least that's what I thought. It was the pup's deep and loud barking that she woke up to. I watched her for sometime before she woke, is she just laying there? Is she just deeply sleeping this morning, is there a change today that she is entering deeper into the mist of ALZ? Changing her shirt this morning was harder than normal. She is stiff most of the time, however, as I have stated before, when she wants, she raises her arm with no effort and scratches the top of her head. Why can she do this with no effort when she wants. Is she so defiant even in this stage of little brain coherence where her life of recoiling to anyones touch still lingers.
This journey isn't just for me, it's for others that may be dealing with something similar. I tried to "google" others blogs about this, but as of yet, haven't found one. The interactions that I write are truth as I see them, not anyones else's truth. My mother is a product of how she was raised and I am who I am because of my parents. The difference is that I wanted change. I wanted to be better. I never in a million years would have thought that I would be taking care of her, but life being what it is, it seems to be the way it goes, other wise I could say, bitter, party of one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment