RSS Feed

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

hope floats

today i opened a letter that almost ruined my holidays. it's just my luck and always his timing. never courtesy on his part, never kindness, never thinking about the repercussions of his actions, he just does whatever, whenever, no regard to anyone in his path. I called my daughter, she was busy, I called my daughter-in-law, she listened. She made me promise that I wouldn't listen to anything sad, that I needed to have uplifting stuff around me. I have lots to do before tomorrow and the kids are coming here. Lots of "putting boxes away" (still).
I put on the movie, Hope Floats. It's got some bad parts true, but it always has words of hope through out. After words of encouragement there is some amount of tragedy. But in the end, the little girl says to her mother, my cup runith over. It was the last thing her grandmother said to her grand daughter before she died, expressing her love to her. I have my son and daughter in law and my grand daughter that live 15 miles away. I don't have the big house or property that I was scooted out of that I helped pay for, nor the income that we had, but I have something better. I have hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment