RSS Feed

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

the day's not over

i just had to share. I just washed her hair, in bed, while she is hyper extended. Gave her a hot cloth on her face to prepare for the close shave that I would have to do. Now her hair is CLEAN plus a quick blow dry, followed by a smooth chin and upper lip. It was MY face that I would have paid to see. Although her eyes are mostly glazed over and with her double vision, somewhere in the maylay of a day at the spa, she looked at me, with scorn in her eyes, you know the kind only MOTHERs can do, and fear set in. Oh no, not hers, mine.
After this gift, and the ability to think for a minute, I think she gave me the "thanks" look. This was the moment that I thought, a few months ago, I would have said... Bitter party of one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment